It’s here and it’s beautiful. My awesome cover designer Rachel Bostwick created a new kickass cover for Jhara (P.A.W.S. 6). The book will release on June 15th, 2020 but I really wanted to share the cover with you guys now. So here it is!
Isn’t it scrumptious? I love it.
So what is Jhara you may ask? Well SHE is a powerful storm and she’s super mad as she’s been trapped in a bottle and hidden away. Now she wants out and woe betide anyone in her way.
Preorder her story today on Amazon.
OR for a limited time pick up an ARC over at Story Origin.
Thanks to everyone who came by during the spring YA Scavenger Hunt.
Announcing the winner of my own Rafflecopter
Andrea wins a box set of books 1-3 of the P.A.W.S. Saga.
For all those who didn’t win all 5 of my P.A.W.S. books are still on sale on Amazon for 99 cents/99p for just one more day!
In one of my author Facebook groups a friend asked the question today who are your favorite characters you’ve created. It got me thinking. It’s hard to choose favorites, kind of like choosing your favorite child.
All of my fictional children are dear to me, but still after a bit of though I came up with a list of five.
- All-time favorite – Gromer the Green – my wild Welsh warlock that I created originally for Argentum (P.A.W.S. 2) and keeps coming back because I love him so much. His love story with Caradog is probably also my favorite relationship I’ve ever created. The love between the two is so genuine and perfect it almost makes me cry.
- Doris – my psychotic vacuu-droid that I created for my story in Sins of the Future. Probably the most fun character to write ever. I read the story allowed for an event about a year ago and reading that kind of crazy was awesome. You can read a little of Doris’s story on this site.
- Griddlebone – This genetically modified werecat was also originally created for an anthology (Sins of the Past) but his story linked with the Holocaust was only partly told in that tale and Griddlebone became the glue that bound book 3 of my series (Umbrae) together. Even though I write YA I have a tendency to place a lot of emphasis on my older characters with more experience in this world and Griddlebone is definitely one ot the best I’ve created. Sign up for my newsletter to read Griddlebone’s story for free.
- The Tegs – Stella and Morgana. My evil green fairies are probably the funnest of all my characters to write.
- Shirley the Camel – this one I created for my mum who passed away a year ago. It came about because my mum even in the hot Israeli heat never needed more than a sip or two of water at a time. So I joked that she was a camel and then I created her character and put her in the zoo in London where she could watch her soap operas and make her scones.
I really have to stop at 5 – well so be it, but there are so many more — Joey the animagus kangaroo, Xavier the wereduck, Ian the chimp and of course my villain, Alistair.
I’d love to hear from you. If you’ve read any of my books and stories who is your favorite character?
Hi Everyone, today is my birthday! And to celebrate I’ve put my whole P.A.W.S. Saga on sale for just 99 cents/99p a piece – that’s FIVE books for under five bucks!
Plus, I’ve got together with a bunch of other cool fantasy authors who have all got their books on sale this week for just 99 cents! Click on the banner below to check them out.
She had power at her fingertips, but the world had other ideas.
Magic was the last thing on Tabia’s mind — until she discovered she could use it. When her father hands her over to the princess of a neighbouring country to pay his debts, she may have the chance to learn how to control her new abilities.
But her new mistress’ enemies have plans of their own. Caught up in a web of divided loyalties, coercion and betrayal, Tabia can trust no one.
Can she find a way to regain her freedom and return home — or will the struggle cost her the ultimate price?
Pick up a copy of Mirren Hogan’s awesome Crimson Fire this week for just 99 cents on Kindle.
And continue the series with Crimson Fury and Crimson Fate (‘cos you can’t just read one!)
Also for the month of December the box set of my own P.A.W.S. Saga (Books 1-3) is just 4.99 (normally 8.99) or as always FREE to subscribers of Kindle Unlimited.
Plus I’ve got together with a bunch of other cool fantasy authors over at Story Origin to bring you oodles of box sets to download and read for the holidays — all titles are 4.99 or less. Click on the banner for details.
Hi folks, I’m off to ARCHON this weekend with my son and co-puzzler, Joey and my friend and author and youtuber, Steven Thomas.
We’ll have a table in Author Alley plus you can find us at a number of cool panels throughout the weekend.
On Friday evening at 8pm learn to Publish Your Book (Without Spending a Fortune) in Marquette B (Gateway Center) with Steven Thomas. Steve has run this seminar in many locations around St. Louis and St. Charles and is now taking it to Archon. You can also pick up some of Steve’s awesome action adventure novels from our table in Author Alley.
On Saturday morning (10:00 am – Doubletree Madison C&D) Steve will also be joining me, Jennifer Lynn, and TW Fendley in a panel about Audio Book Creation.
Who likes puzzles? A few years ago at Archon, Joey and I ran a successful panel about puzzle construction. This year we’re back, but instead of learning about puzzles we’re running an interactive puzzle event, ESCAPE FROM ARCHON. It seems the Plutonians have got news that the people of Earth do not take the planet as seriously as they should, so they’re journeying to Archon to help educate the Earthlings.
Come join is in Madison C/D at the Doubletree at 4:00 pm to help save planet Earth.
Back over to the Gateway Center (Marquette A 6:00pm) and I will be joining Jennifer Lynn, Jessica Matthews and TW Fendley for a panel about Speculative Fiction for Children and Teens.
Finally on Sunday morning I’ll be reading stories with Jessica Matthews in Children’s Programming at 11:00 am. Come listen to my brand new tale, WANDA’S WAND and take home your own wand and coloring sheet. Unfortunately I won’t have copies available for sale yet, but I will be taking preorders.
Not able to make it for ARCHON?
Well just for this weekend I have all my P.A.W.S. Saga books on sale for just 99 cents each on Kindle.
Today would have been my parents’ Shirley and Walter Manber’s 57th wedding anniversary. Here’s a little something I wrote a few months after my mother passed at the end of last year.
Walter sat in the chair reading. This was the fourth book in the series and he smiled when he read about the camel. She reminded him of someone. Someone he had known a long time ago.
There was a knock on the door and she entered. She looked like she had done when they had first met at the dance. She walked up to him unsure.
“I see you made it,” he said.
She nodded and smiled, then pointed at the book.
“I liked that one. It was the last thing I read. You know she put the camel in for me?”
“I thought so. It was definitely a good bit.”
“Ah I see she found you,” said a voice from the doorway.
Walter nodded at the cat that waited just outside the door. He was used to Griddlebone. The cat would come by and talk every few days and would ask if he wanted to pass on to the next place. He always said no, he would wait until she could join him.
“Are you ready?” asked Griddlebone.
Walter turned to Shirley and she nodded, and they both followed the cat.