And last but by no means least a freebie for Earth Day this week.
Adana is a small, brown, earth dragon. She longs to play with the other dragons, but none of them will accept her as a friend. One day a giant wanders into the land of the dragons and scares all the other dragons. Can Adana save the day and prove that even a small brown earth dragon can do big things? An elemental tale from the author of P.A.W.S. and Esmeralda Grunch and the Red Tulip. Illustrated by Tina Wijesiri.
“This is a wonderful story that kids will fall in love with. Beautifully written and illustrated. ” Cindy Shirley, The Fabulous Life of Minnie the Sassy Chick
Hi everyone, I’ve got a treat for you today. Three of my titles are currently on sale. First off for just 99 cents we have the story of a silly clown called THE GREAT BOBBERT and his wily assistant the weasel, Popgoes.
Hi everyone, today I’m happy to welcome onto my blog Urban Fantasy writer, Sami Valentine. Sami grew up in the desert and now wanders in search of wifi and coffee.
Formerly a mild-mannered librarian, she had a quarter-life crisis and shook everything up. She started working in an LGBT homeless center, shaved some of her head, and got really into tarot. After realizing that her goal in life was to get out of her small town and she only made it 30 minutes up the highway, she filled a bag and left. That was two years and a dozen countries ago.
She stopped by to answer a few questions about her series, the Red Witch Chronicles.
1. What is your book about? A Witch Called Red is the first book in the Red Witch Chronicles. This is a supernatural thriller about a witch trained as a supernatural bounty hunter. Where she came from is a mystery. Each book in the series has its own plot and conflict to solve, the overarching mystery is Red discovering exactly who she is and why she was left for dead with amnesia outside Eugene, Oregon. In the first book, Red and her mentor come to Los Angeles to solve the mysterious murder of a model left drained on the beach. Red gets in over her head as the murder investigations takes a hard turn into a conspiracy with the local vampires.
2. Every author does something different with urban fantasy, what is your twist on the genre? In the first book of my Red Witch Chronicles, I was inspired by those noir films like Double Indemnity and Kiss Kiss Bang Band LA so my UF has a gritty realistic flavor. My style of urban fantasy could be described as character driven-thrillers.
3. What inspired you to write this book? I am really interested in identity and memory and how it affects someone’s personality and choices. A big theme in the Red Witch Chronicles is the struggle in being yourself and it’s interesting to explore those themes with a character who has no memories.
4. As a writer, what would you choose as your mascot/avatar/spirit animal? A goat. This might be because my astrological moon sign is in Capricorn. Goats are agile, hardy, and stubborn. They can handle all weathers and altitudes. I spent a good chunk of a decade in a writing funk so I want to emulate the consistent goat.
5. How many unpublished and half-finished books do you have? If we count the fanfiction too, then a lot! I usually just work on one project at a time so I am focused on the Red Witch Chronicles, but I do have two prequel projects in the works. One focuses on Red as a teenager with her memories so it’s an interesting challenge to write a character who has almost two personalities.
Thank you for taking time to answer my questions. You can pick up A Witch Called Red on Amazon.
Hi everyone, thank you so much to everyone who picked up Wanda’s Wand! I hope you enjoy my story and if you do please leave a review. It really helps get more eyes on my work.
Also if you want more I have two more of my picture books on sale for the next week for just 99 cents a piece.
First off – CECILIA’S TALE – This one was inspired by my own kitty, Cici, who found me while I was living in Jerusalem. She sadly passed over the rainbow bridge a few years ago. But her memory lives on in this picture book.
Next up is little tale of silliness from the world of P.A.W.S. Resident clown, The Great Bobbert has lost his weasel again. Where can Popgoes be?
Prefer to listen to your stories? Or would like an audio book to go along with the text. I can do that. Click the banner below and apply for a free copy of either of these titles or a bunch of other kids’ books on Audible.
Hi folks, got a little freebie for everyone today AND a 99 cents sale.
First up WANDA’S WAND is FREE on Kindle for just a few days. Pick up a copy for your little ones and please be sure to leave a review!
Whiskey the kitty in Wanda’s Wand is based off of my own Whiskey. Here she is with her copy of the book!
Wanda’s Wand is the second picture book I have created that features a real kitty that has shared my life. The first was CECILIA’S TALE — and for a limited this book is available for just 99 cents on Kindle.
Like to listen to your books? To coincide with this sale I’m offering audio book review copies of both titles. Click on the banner to get yours!
Woke up to an awesome five star review on Readers’ Favorite for my upcoming picture book, Wanda’s Wand.
“Independence is a good thing, but sometimes we’re all just a little too independent. When something goes wrong or gets broken, we feel compelled to fix the problem ourselves. But sometimes our fixer-uppers just don’t work right. That’s what happened to Wanda. While playing with her cat, Whiskey, Wanda Wizzlewoop (I love the last name, great alliteration!) broke her wand. She concocts a means to fix it, but her fixer-upper wand does everything backward, upside down and really strange – like casting a spell to stop the rain and instead it rains frogs and toads. Not exactly what Wanda had in mind. Upset, she’s startled when Whiskey asks her what’s wrong and then informs her, quite simply, that “it’s okay to ask for help”. And it is okay. Something we all need to do from time to time.
“Deborah Kupfer’s picture book story, Wanda’s Wand, is a fun read. Young readers will find Wanda’s situation both sad and, at times, rather funny. Accompanied by colorful illustrations by artist Tina Wijesiri, the story is full of silliness as Wanda’s situation worsens with each attempt to make use of her broken (and then mended) wand. Part of growing up is learning how to fix things, how to solve problems, but it’s also about learning to ask for and accept help when the need arises. A powerful message shared with the love and compassion of a young witch and her treasured cat. The language is simple to appeal to young readers and may also be used as a read-along, early reader for those beginning to read.”
Thank you Emily-Jane Hills Orford for Readers’ Favorite
If anyone would like a PDF ARC for review let me know.
Follow the Cotula. The stone will show you the way.
Rifka is lost, far away from home. Kidnapped by an insidious werewolf.
Far off in Manus Wu, a plan is set in place. An Old One sends colutae out into the world. These stones when brought together have the power to release Rifka. Yet does she truly want to go home?
Meet an empathic goat, a family of otters, a girl who loves to draw fairies, and a dragon in this new installment of the P.A.W.S. Saga.
OR if you’d like your own personal signed paperback, I have a handy dandy form for that. If you are going to either Penned Con in September or Archon in October I can sign you a copy there OR if you’d like me to mail you a copy let me know on the form and I’ll work out the shipping to wherever you are. (Warning international shipping from the US is a little pricey so if you’d prefer to buy a local copy I can send you a signed bookplate in the mail instead).
*Bonus offer* Message me a screenshot of your order confirmation and I’ll send you a FREE audio book of the story narrated by the awesome British voice actress, Fiona Thraille. Offer limited to the first 20 readers who contact me. Audio book available in the US and the UK.
I’ve got a few special deals and steals for you today to check out. First off all 4 of my P.A.W.S. Saga are currently on sale for just 99 cents a piece. This is perfect time to pick up the ones you are missing before book 5 comes out in the summer.
Next up – how about some dragons?
Saving another’s life may save her own.
As the child of the kingdom of Salia’s most powerful mages, Lex’s future had seemed bright. That is until she lost everything. Her dreams. Her parents. Even when she thought her life was changing for the better, she lost her husband. When a mysterious stranger turns up nearly dead on her doorstep, Lex must make a decision. Either fight for her future or lose more than her own life.
For Amell, time is almost up. He has spent nearly thirty years searching for the balance to his magic he needs in order to survive. After an unexpected attack, a twist of fate hands him what he has been searching for in the form of someone that could threaten everything.
When the choices are made, will they find a future they could have never hoped for, or will they uncover plots more sinister than they imagined?
Dragons not your thing? How about some werewolves. Holly Hook’s Wolf Bound is free for a limited time.
A young woman with a need to protect.
A young man drawn to her acceptance.
A rival pack threatening to destroy all they love.
Loner, misfit, wild. Everything about Cayden should push me away. Deep down, I know the explanation for his graceful walk, his ability to fight off guys twice his size, and his amazing hearing. Especially when the wolves appear in the woods around town and a beautiful male shares Cayden’s dark hair, red highlights, and his wild, hazel eyes. I should fear him, but he draws me in. Until Cayden, no one else around me understood what it’s like to be radically different. But Cayden warns me off though his eyes yearn for me.