I’ve been nominated by S.A. Gibson for the ‘Sunshine Blogger Award’, where a character in one of my novels has to answer ten questions about themselves. Stella the Teg demanded that I interview her. For those who do not know she is a crafty green fairy with Welsh ancestry that lives with her sister Morgana in their own Dominion in Umbrae.
- Tell me what your life is like.
Stella lives with her sister Morgana in our own Dominion in Umbrae. We are the last remaining Teg sisters and are as wise as we are beautiful. And our magic is very powerful.
Mostly we relax in our Dominion, counting our silver, or eating at our scrumptious banquets while watching our pretty girls twirl on the dance floor. They have oodles of fun. It warms Stella’s heart to see them so happy.
Of course at the beginning they are angry with Stella for tricking them, but they soon come around.
Occasionally though – when Stella has a fresh body to inhabit Stella spends some time in the above world and has an adventure. That’s a lot of fun, but gets tedious after a while and then Stella’s happy to return to her Dominion and her girls.
- Who do you care about the most?
Well silver’s nice – and power – love power! Oh, Stella realizes now you said “who” not what. Ah, that’s more difficult. Morgana, I guess. She’s annoying at times, but she’s the only sister Stella has left, and she guesses it would be lonely if it was only me.
- Who or what do you fear the most?
If someone was to steal my silver. I would hate that, but no one would dare! They fear the Tegs and rightly so.
- What kind of work do you like the most?
Work! What do you mean work? Stella has servants to carry out all those troublesome chores!
- If you had one incredible power, what would it be?
Just one! Stella already has oodles and oodles of power. But I suppose it would be nice if I knew a spell to make me a little bigger. Tegs are small fairies and sometimes that means folks don’t take our threats seriously enough. Of course from small packages can come great power and they quickly learn the erroneous nature of their assumption.
- What is one bad thing, you secretly wish you could do?
“Bad” – Stella’s not bad. Oh, Stella understands that she has the reputation of being evil in some quarters, but truly Stella’s just misunderstood.
- What’s is you favorite swear word?
Coc y gath! It’s Welsh of course, as all the best swear words are!
(For a translation and some more interesting Welsh curses check out this link. It is rumored that the Tegs helped create this page.)
- Do you consider yourself a dreamer or a doer? Give an example.
Oh Stella dreams! She does! Stella dreams of a world where everything, above and below is part of her Dominion. Sorry, Morgana, our Dominion. One day the whole universe will bow down to our greatness. You’ll see.
- Would you replace your author if you could? Does you author annoy you?
Author? What author? Ah, you mean my biographer, Debbie Manber Kupfer. I think she does a passable job, though it does appear that sometimes she doesn’t fully understand the benevolent motives of Morgana and I.
You should check out her latest volume, Umbrae. It includes a lot of interesting details about our Dominion.
- What type of weather best describes you?
Stella is a gentle green breeze that can quickly become a hurricane if she is irked. So pay heed. And hurry away now. I tire of these questions.
Part of the chain is to nominate people with your own questions, so here’s mine!
- If you could visit any place where would you choose?
- Do you have any pets?
- Who are your best friends?
- If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
- Do you play any musical instruments?
- Favorite genre of music?
- Do you like to read? Do you have a favorite book?
- Favorite way to relax?
- If a genie gave you three wishes, what would you wish for? (No wishing for more wishes).
- One thing from your bucket list.