Today on Paws 4 Thought we welcome Australian author Renee Scattergood.
- Tell us a little bit about yourself Renee.
I live in Australia with my husband and daughter. I’m a homeschooling mom. My daughter has ASD and ADHD and has severe insomnia and a hard time functioning in a normal school environment. As you can imagine, it makes finding time to write a little difficult, but I wouldn’t change her for anything. She’s a great kid! 😀
- When did you first start writing?
I started writing when I was in high school, really, but I wasn’t serious about it until my late 20’s. I didn’t have a lot of confidence in myself as a writer until people started reading my stuff and complimenting it.
- Who are your favorite authors?
Terry Goodkind, J.K. Rowling, and Lindsay Buroker
- What inspires you to write?
My overactive imagination. Seriously… if I don’t write, I go nuts!
- Tell us a little bit about your book series.
Shadow Stalker is a serial about a girl, Auren, who is prophesied to enslave the people of her world. The leader of the Galvadi Empire, Drevin, had a vision before she was born, and now he’s determined to kill her before his vision can come to pass. Auren struggles to survive while attempting to end Drevin’s tyranny.
- What are you currently working on?
I’m currently writing Episode 15 of my Shadow Stalker serial and planning the first novel in my Savior of the Serpent Isles series.
- What do you like to do to relax?
Writing helps me to relax, but I also love to read and watch movies.
- If you had a super power what would it be?
I would love to be able to heal people.
- If you could have dinner with anyone real or fictional who would you choose?
Yoda… I’d love to pick his brain! 😀
- How can readers connect with you?
My website, Renee Writes (http://reneescattergood.com) is a great place to start. You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook and Google+.