Puzzler’s Wednesday – meet my good friend and fellow puzzler, Heidi Schroeder.
1. How would you describe yourself in one sentence
I am peace-loving, more than a bit self-indulgent, and an eternal optimist.
2. How long have you been setting crosswords?
I created a handful of puzzles back in the late 1990s. My interest has been rekindled via the CCS and 1ACross groups!
3. Do you like to set / solve /do both?
I like both, but I most love the challenge of crafting a good clue.
4. Who’s your favorite setter/publication?
My gold standard would be the American-style cryptics by Hex (Emily Cox and Henry Rathvon), who have published in major US publications over the years.
5. One clue that has always stayed with you
Sorry to say, my long-term memory fails me. This fairly recent clue by Martin DeMello pleased me immensely: Imaginary childhood? (7) *
6. Your favorite place
The Hawaiian Islands, my birthplace and true home.
View original post 123 more words