These are fascinating. I’ve been living in the states since 1995 or thereabouts. Over the next couple of days I’m going to work on my own list of what surprised me (and in some cases continue to surprise me) when I first came here.
1. Rakib Islam
I am originally from Bangladesh and here are a few things that I find hard to explain to peeps back home.
- Fruits and vegetables are way more expensive than meat and poultry.
- That, generally speaking, the poor is more obese than the rich.
- A lot of couples adopt children, sometimes in spite of having their own, and treat them exactly like their own. (To me, this alone is a marker of a great people)
- By and large, people do not carry cash.
- That you address your boss (and some of your professors) by some abbreviated…
View original post 6,128 more words